Saturday, May 1, 2010
Arizona is once again a “new frontier”!
The biggest thing that Obama did that most in Arizona is extremely grateful is appointing their feckless Governor to a Cabinet Post. Janet Napolitano was an utter failure to her people there just as she is on the national level.
Since she has taken the top spot responsible for America’s “Homeland Security” her department has seen our secrets used train the Transportation Security Agency in keeping our skies safe, leaked. Not once, but twice.
She has also been at the helm when Ft. Hood was attacked then the failed “Christmas Day airline bomber plot” (which was thwarted by passengers vs. Government).
She has actively used her agency to proactively go against those domestic terrorists in the tea parties labeling them in an action memo to Federal, State and local law enforcement agencies as “right wing extremists”.
While she has been busy in her failure to govern her post at the National level, her former State legislatures have now been free (from her veto pen as Governor) to blaze a new trail that has seen some legislation that their voters have wanted for a very long time. Here are a few:
1) Pass a law allowing individuals (citizens) to carry a concealed weapon (gun) without having to apply for a permit.
2) Passed a declaration that the Federal Government has no say to regulate “light bulbs and gun manufacturing within the State”.
3) Restricted the use of “human embryos” for scientific experimentation.
4) Pass a law that makes it illegal for any school to promote any single ethnic group or any advocacy of ethnic solidarity. And finally…..
5) Pass a law making it illegal to be in the US illegally.
While the leftist in the MSM and in the halls of Congress run around blathering about Hitler and Racism over Arizona a Sheriff Deputy was shot in the Arizona Desert, by a suspected illegal alien drug smuggler. This is why 70% of population in Arizona support the recent laws. This is also why 70% of voters nationwide support the recent Arizona law.
The Usual Suspects
Harry Reid is the new face for Amnesty and the point person for the new push. Is it a coincidence that he is the one championing this new push? No, because he is pinning his hopes that the Hispanic voters will reward him for his efforts. This fact can be corroborated by the “flip-flop” of the former push for Amnesty under Bush – John McCain. He is from Arizona and he knows where the populace stands and is in a fight for his political life with his reelection hopes there. If you remember it was McCain and Kennedy that tried this in 2004 under Bush. If he were to say today, what he was championing yesterday, his campaign would be over because his people have spoken on this issue. It can be further corroborated when yesterday the MSM trotted out Karl Rove, Jeb Bush and Alberto Gonzalez in front of the cameras who all said the Arizona law was “misguided and wrong hearted”. All of these prior bush Amnesty advocates are safely out of office and have no “voter backlash” in which to deal with by making these statements that are contrary to popular wishes.
Today, it was learned that Obama has thrown Reid and the Hispanics under the bus by declaring “immigration reform” will not occur this year. The President instead, will rely on his usual suspects to agitate and separate the populace with violent marches and full frontal camera assaults by the MSM to do the dirty work in an effort to paint this as racist and dangerous.
All of this does not bode well for John McCain. His constituents know that he is a “pro-Amnesty” guy and is providing lip service to the voters with his recent “change of heart” stance.
Arizona lawmaker (Warde Nichols) summed it up best in an interview with Newsmax – “For six years, Democratic Gov. Janet Napolitano's veto pen largely checked the Legislature's conservative agenda.
And while Napolitano crafted compromise state budgets by courting support from Democrats and a handful of moderate Republicans, conservatives responded by voting out key GOP moderates in primaries.
Conservative Republican Rep. Warde Nichols of Chandler said he watched the 60-member House move to the right as up to 14 GOP moderates gradually dwindled to just a handful over the past decade.
"The voters are tired of people who are not solid in what they want to do and are jumping both ways," he said.
McCain is literally fighting for his political life because even before JD Hayworth announced his opposition candidacy for his seat, the polls showed he was within 2% of McCain. The McCain campaign has already gone into “dirty trick” mode in his use of his Senate Committee influence to have JD Hayworth yanked from his “daytime” job as a radio DJ complaining he was using that show for his political campaign.
Below is an apt description that solidifies Conservative against McCain from klsouth blog:
1. Campaign finance reform. McCain tried to limit the role of money in politics with measures that, critics say, stomp on the constitutional right to free speech.
2. Immigration. McCain has been a vocal supporter of a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants, although he now says he understands the border between the U.S. and Mexico must be sealed first. (Refer to recent anti-illegal immigrant legislation)
3. Tax cuts. McCain twice voted against President Bush’s tax cuts, saying in 2001 they helped the wealthy at the expense of the middle class and in 2003 that there should be no tax relief until the cost of the Iraq war was known. But he now wants to extend the tax cuts.
4. Gay Marriage. McCain refuses to support a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage.
5. Stem cell research. McCain would relax restrictions on federal dollars for embryonic stem cell research, which critics consider tantamount to abortion. (Refer to recent Arizona legislation curbing stem cell embryo’s)
6. Global warming. Among the loudest voices in Congress for aggressive action against global warming and a frequent critic of the Bush administration on the issue. (refer to recent Arizona declaration telling the Federal Government to stay out of their light bulb choices)
7. “Gang of 14″ member. One of seven Republicans and seven Democrats who averted a Senate showdown over whether filibusters could be used against Bush judicial nominees.
8. Kerry veep. McCain was approached by the Democratic presidential nominee in 2004, Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry, about being his running mate. McCain talked with Kerry but rejected the offer.
9. Works with Democrats. See all of the above.
The fact that JD Hayworth has the endorsement from the National Tea Party organization as well as the Arizona and the National Association of Police organizations has ominous repercussions for McCain who has made a mainstay in the political arena as a “maverick” against issues that run contrary to conservative issues. When you couple this with the recent development in other conservative issues that have made inroads recently, such as the Texas schoolbook curriculum, 20 states fighting Obamacare in courts, Republican victories in New Jersey, Virginia and Massachusetts it is clear that the 70% of Americans who have been ignored by the elitists in power are making their voices and demands clear and the writing is on the wall – We are all “Arizonans” now. More important though is the symbolism of the City of Phoenix and we all know the story of the “Phoenix” rising from the ashes.